Room 406, T2 Block, Room 441A, T8 Block – VNU University of Science,
334 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Tel: (84) 2435579515
Head: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Thi Van Anh, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2004, Tohoku University, Japan
Specification: Molecular Biology
Tel: (84) 24 35579254
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Bui Thi Viet Ha, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2007, VNU University of Science, Hanoi
Tel: (84) 24 38588856
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Hoang Thi My Nhung, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2008, Grenoble I University, France
Specification: Cell Biology
Tel: (84) 24 35588478
Dr. Pham Thi Thu Huong, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2013, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Tel: (84) 24 35579515
Research interests and activities:
Our mission is to study and develop bio-nano materials for diagnostics and drug delivery; using genetic, protein and enzyme technologies to create products applicable in the field of medicine, pharmacy, food industry, and agriculture. Research activities include:
- Develop novel and effective nano-bio materials for diagnostics and drug delivery purpose based on bioengineering and nanotechnology components.
- Development of in-vitro and in-vivo assays to screen anti-cancer bioactive compounds and to evaluate the functions of nano particles in drug delivery and thermotherapy.
- Development of probiotics for application as functional foood and medical devices enhancing female reproductive health, and as feed supplements for shrimp.
- Development of detection techniques to screen genes for consulting in personalized treatment, such as genes relating to allergy of epileptic and gout treatment drugs, optimizing doses of anticoagulant drugs
Selected research projects:
- Polymorphism of HLA gene in Vietnamese people and creation of kit for screening gene relating to Carbamazepine, Allopurinol allergy (2019-2022). National research project funded by Ministry of Science and code DTDL.CN-63/19, PI: Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Thi Van Anh.
- Study technologies to produce probiotics from Lactobacillus sp. and Bacillus sp. for application in enhancing female reproductive (2018-2020). National research project funded by Ministry of Industry and Trade, code : DT.12.19/CNSHCB, PI: Assoc. Prof. Bui Thi Viet Ha.
- Study anti-cancer immunostimulatory effects exosome secreted from dendritic cells from blood of human umbilical cord for future development of anti-cancer vaccines (2018-2020). VNU research project code QG.18.09, PI: Assoc. Prof. Hoang Thi My Nhung.
- Research on making of schizophyllan nanogels (SPG) carrying of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a) inhibitors to apply on treatment of rheumatoid arthritis disease (2016-2018). Vietnam National University, code: KLEPT.16.01, PI: Dr. Pham Thi Thu Huong.
- Vo, N.D.; Nguyen, A.T.V.; Le, H.T.; Nguyen, N.H.; Pham, H.T.T (2021). A Simple Approach for Counting CD4+ T Cells Based on a Combination of Magnetic Activated Cell Sorting and Automated Cell Counting Methods. Appl. Sci. 2021, 11, 9786. https://doi.org/10.3390/app11219786.
- Van T. H. Doan, Shin Takano, Ngoc Anh T. Doan, Phuong T. M. Nguyen, Van Anh T. Nguyen, Huong T. T. Pham, Koji Nakazawa, Shota Fujii, Kazuo Sakurai. (2021). Anticancer efficacy of cyclodextrin-based hyperbranched polymer nanoparticles containing alpha-mangostin. Polymer Journal 53, p.481–492.
- Van T. H. Doan, Ji Ha Lee, Rintaro Takahashi, Phuong M. Nguyen, Van Anh T. Nguyen, Huong T. T. Pham, Shota Fujii, Kazuo Sakurai. (2020). Cyclodextrin-based nanoparticles encapsulating α-mangostin and their drug release behavior: potential carriers of α-mangostin for cancer therapy. Polymer Journal 52, 457–466.
- Phan Thuỳ Dương, Bùi Thị Việt Hà, Lê Phụng Hiển, Nguyễn Thị Xuân, Trần Thị Thanh Huyền, Mai Thị Đàm Linh, Thanh HIền, Nguyễn Thị Vân Anh, Bùi Thị Việt Hà. (2020). Đặc tính probiotic của chủng Lactobacillus gasseri SM15 được phân lập từ sữa mẹ. Tạp chí Công thương, 12, 382-388.
- Uyen Thi Trang Than, Huyen Thi Le, Diem Huong Hoang, Xuan-Hung Nguyen, Cuong Thi Pham, Khanh Thi Van Bui, Hue Thi Hong Bui, Phong Van Nguyen, Tu Dac Nguyen, Thu Thi Hoai Do, Thao Thi Chu, Anh Viet Bui, Liem Thanh Nguyen and Nhung Thi My Hoang. (2020). Induction of Antitumor Immunity by Exosomes Isolated from Cryopreserved Cord Blood Monocyte-Derived Dendritic Cells. J. Mol. Sci. 21, 1834. Doi:10.3390/ijms21051834.
- T. Nguyen, H.T. Nguyen, H.T.T. Pham, A.H. Nguyen, T.N. Phan, T. Hara, Y. Takatsuka, A.T.V. Nguyen. (2020). Cooperative improvement in growth rate, red-colour score, and astaxanthin level of white-leg shrimp by Bacillus strains originating from shrimp gut. Journal of Applied Microbiology 129, 51-62.
- Dung H. T. Nguyen, Ngoc B. Nguyen, Linh T. P. Nguyen, Ly T. Do, Tung T. Nguyen, Nam H. Nguyen, Sakurai Kazuo, Mochizuki Shinichi, Kihara Takanori, Thang D. Nguyen, Anh T. V. Nguyen, Huong T. T. Pham. (2019). An Agarose–Curdlan Nanogel that Carries Etanercept to Target and Neutralises TNF-α Produced by Dectin-1-Expressing Immune Cells. Journal of Electronic Material 48, 6570–6582. Doi:1007/s11664-019-07458-2.