Room 339, T8 Block – VNU University of Science
334 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Head: Dr. Nguyen Thi Hong Loan, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2012, VNU University of Science, Hanoi
Prof. Dr. Phan Tuan Nghia, Lecturer
Education: PhD: 1988, University of Hanoi (now known as VNU University of Science)
Postdoc: ICGEB, New Delhi, India (1995-1997), University of Rochester, NY, USA (1998- 2001)
Specification: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Dr. Dinh Nho Thai, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2009, Osaka University, Japan;
Postdoc: Arizona University (2009-2012)
Specification: Biotechnology/Molecular Genetics
Dr. Vu Thi Thu, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2010, Inje University, Korea;
Postdoc: Inje University (2010-2014)
Specification: Medical physiology
Dr. Le Thi Hong Nhung, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2017, ETHZ University, Switzerland;
Research Interests and activities:
- Production of recombinant proteins and enzymes of applications in medicine and agriculture.
- Development of assays/kits for detection of some genetic diseases in humans.
- Molecular characterization of immune response in shrimps.
- Study of viral proteases and their inhibitors.
- Screening and assessment of drug effects on treatment of ischemic heart disease by targeting mitochondria.
Selected research projects:
- Components and role of proteolytic enzymes in the immune response of black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) (2020-2022), funded by Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code QG.20.15, PI: Dr. Nguyen Thi Hong Loan.
- Study of protease enzyme 3CL (chymotrypsin-like protease) of SARS-CoV-2 isolated from patients in Vietnam (2020-2022), funded by Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code KLEPT.20.01, PI: Dr. Dinh Nho Thai.
- Developing a new approach for purifying recombinant His-tagged proteins (2020-2021), funded by VNU University of Science, code 20.07, PI: Le Thi Hong Nhung.
- Molecular characterization of immune response in black tiger shrimps (Penaeus monodon) to white spot syndrome virus infection (2019-2021), funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, NAFOSTED, code 106.02-2018.07, PI: Prof. Dr. Phan Tuan Nghia.
- Study and screening of mitochondrial-targeted compounds with anti-ischemic-effects using ex vivo and in vitro models of myocardial ischemia in rats (2017-2020), funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, NAFOSTED, code 106-YS.06-2016.23, PI: Dr. Vu Thi Thu.
- Development of a real-time PCR kit for detection and quantification of some common human mitochondrial genome mutations (2016-2018), funded by Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code KLEPT.16.03. PI: Prof. Dr. Phan Tuan Nghia.
- Study on producing solution containing catalase enzyme and the extracted natural substances for application on anti-aging hair treatment (2016-2018), funded by Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code QG.16.82. PI: Dr. Dinh Nho Thai.
- Design of specific substrates for HIV-1 protease (2014-2016) funded Vietnam National University, Hanoi, code: KLEPT.14.02. PI: Dr. Nguyen Thi Hong Loan.
- Vu TT, Ngo THY, Nguyen HT, Pham TB, Han J, Kim HK (2021) Majonoside-R2 extracted from Vietnamese ginseng protects H9C2 cells against hypoxia/reoxygenation injury via modulating mitochondrial function and biogenesis. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 36: 127814-127821.
- Weerasinghe CAL, Bui BH, Vu TT, Nguyen THL, Phung BK, Nguyen VM, Pham VA, Cao VH and Phan TN (2018) Leigh syndrome T8993C mitochondrial DNA mutation: Heteroplasmy and the first clinical presentation in a Vietnamese family. Mol Med Report 17: 6919-6925.
- Nguyen THL, Tran TTH, Phuong TT and Phan TN (2018) In vitro inhibitory effect of lanostane triterpenoids of kadsura coccinea on the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Protease. Ind J Pharmceut Sci. 80(4):755-761.
- Nguyen VD, Nguyen NTH, Do LC, Vu VT, Phuong TT and Phan TN (2018) A new saponin with anti-HIV-1 protease activity from Acacia pennata. Nat Prod Commun. 13(4): 411-414.
- Vu TT, Marquez J, Le TL, Nguyen TAT, Kim HK, Han J (2018) The role of decorin in cardiovascular diseases: more than just a decoration. Free Rad Res 58 (11-12): 1210-1219.
- Pham KC, Tran TTH, Doan VC, Le HP, Nguyen TVA, Nguyen HA, Huynh AH, Cutting SM, Phan TN (2016) Protection of Penaeus monodonagainst white spot syndrome by continuous oral administration of low concentration of Bacillus subtilis spores expressing the VP28 antigen. Lett Appl Microbiol. 64:184-191.
- Truong TH, Nguyen TVA, Nguyen VL, Pham VA, Phan TN (2016) Screening of common point-mutations and discovery of new T14727C change in mitochondrial genome of Vietnamese encephalomyopathy patients. Mito DNA.27(1): 441-448.
- Lee SC, Zhang J, Strom J, Yang D, Dinh NT, Kappeler K, Chen QM (2016) G-quadruplex in Nrf2 5’UTR regulates de novo Nrf2 protein translation under oxidative sMol Cell Biol 37: e00122-16.
- Nga TTT, Hoa NQ, Tuyen HV, Tuyen DT, Thai DN (2016). Construction of yeast Pichia pastorisexpressing the recombinant p53 as a secreted protein into culture. VNU J Sci: Nat Sci Technol. 32(1S): 336-343.