Room 239-240, T8 Block – VNU University of Science
334 Nguyen Trai, Thanhxuan, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Tel: (84)24 35690652
Head: Dr. Pham Bao Yen, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2009, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US
Postdoc: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US (2009-2011)
Specification: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Tel: (84)24 35690652
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2012, Aichi Medical University, Japan
Specification: Molercular Biology
Tel: (84) 24 3557 9254
Assoc. Prof.Dr. Nguyen Quang Huy, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2009, VNU University of Science, Vietnam
Specification: Biochemistry and Microbiology
Tel: (84)24 35636562
Dr. Trinh Tat Cuong, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2010, Chungnam University, Korea.
Dr. Pham Thi Luong Hang, Lecturer
Education: PhD 2007, University of Greifswald, Germany.
Tel: (84)24 38582179
Research Interests and activities:
- Isolation, purification, characterization and production of enzymes from plants, animals and microbial for applications in industrial food, medical-pharmaceutical field, environment treatment and agriculture.
- Screening and identification of bioactive compounds originated from medicinal plants in Vietnam and interpreting their modes of actions via using receptor and enzyme-based bioassays aided by advancing DNA recombinant and protein expression technologies.
- Development of biomarkers and protocols for applying in diagnosis of various cancers and infectious diseases.
- Development and application of bioactive compounds in supplemental products for humans.
Selected research projects:
- Cloning, expression and purification of an endopeptidase from Clostridium botulinum isolated in Vietnam, (2020-2022), funded by VNU, code: KLEPT.20.02. PI: Dr. Pham Bao Yen.
- Selection of microalgea strains and synthesis of autotrophic biofilms with antimicrobial activity in aquaculture animals,(2019-2022), funded by NAFOSTED, code: 106.02-2019.336. PI: Dr. Pham Thi Luong Hang.
- Study on validation of several analytical protocols in the biological field met the ISO17025:2017 standard to apply in the testing and analyzing services, (2018-2020), funded by VNU, code: KLEPT.18.01. PI: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang.
- Development and application of nano-melanin particles for protection of normal cells and healthy tissues during radiation therapy of cancer, (2017-2019), funded by NAFOSTED, code: 108.02-2017.07.PI: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang.
- Study lipase and peptide deformylase from Vietnam isolated Helicobacter pylori strains: genetic polymorphism, recombinant protein expression and application in inhibitors screening from plant extracts. (2014-2016), funded by NAFOSTED, code 106-NN.02-2013.55. PI: Dr. Pham Bao Yen.
- Study on resistance mechanism of BRAFV600E mutant melanoma cell lines to vemurafenib and investigation of the effects of some phytochemicals on vemurafenib resistant melanoma treatment,(2014-2016), funded by NAFOSTED, code: 106-NN.02-2013.07. PI. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang.
- Development biofilm technology apply on removal nitrogen and phosphorus-rich wastewater, (2012-2014) funded by Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnam, code: 06/HĐ-BCT. PI:Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Huy.
- Investigation of new bioactive compounds from two cyanobacteria species isolated in Vietnam, Anabena sp.and Nostoc sp. (2012-2015) funded by NAFOSTED, code: 106.16-2012.24. PI:Dr. Pham Thi Luong Hang.
- Study of recombinant receptor protein for constructing pharmaceutical screening model (2011-2014), funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Code: ĐT-PTNTĐ.2012-G/01, PI: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Dinh Doan Long.
- Study production of gamma aminobutyric acid from fermenting rice bran by Lactobacillus for functional food (2011-2012), funded Ministry of Science and Technology, Vietnam, code: KC.10.TN01/11-15. PI: Dr. Trinh Tat Cuong.
- Nguyen Thi Le Na, Bui Thi Van Khanh, Pham Xuan Huy, Hoang Thi My Nhung, Nguyen Thi Van Anh & Nguyen Dinh Thang (2020). Melanin biomaterial effectively eliminates bacteria from water and synergistically induces melanoma-cell death during X-ray irradiation. Materials Technology 36(5):261-269.
- Trung Do, Trang T.H. Nguyen, Thai N. Ha, Nguyen T.H. Nhu, Nguyen Van Lam, Nguyen T.T. Tram, Yen Pham (2019). Identification of Anti-Helicobacter pylori Compounds From Usnea undulata. Natural Product Communications 14(7):1-3.
- Trinh PL, Pham Y (2018). Establishment of a Multiplex PCR-based procedure for detection of most common mutations in NPM1, FLT3 in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science48(1):35-39.
- Schallenberg-Rüdinger M, Oldenkott B, Hiss M, Trinh PL, Knoop V, Rensing SA (2017). A Single-target mitochondrial RNA editing factor of funaria hygrometrica can fully Reconstitute RNA editing at two sites in Physcomitrella patens. Plant and Cell Physiology58(3):496-507.
- Hang T.L. Pham, Lien T.T. Nguyen, Tuan A. Duong, Dung T.T Bui, Que T. Doan, Ha T.T Nguyen, Sabine Mundt (2017). Diversity and bioactivities of nostocacean cyanobacteria isolated from paddy soil in Vietnam. Systematic and Applied Microbiology40(8): 470 – 481.
- Dao Q. Nguyen, Phuong T. Duong, Hieu M. Nguyen, Nguyen Hoang Nam, Nguyen Hoang Luong, Yen Pham (2016). New biological treatment targeting Mycobacterium tuberculosis in contaminated wastewater using lysing enzymes coupled to magnetic nanoparticles.Green Processing and Synthesis5(5): 473-478.
- Nguyen Dinh Thang, Pham Thi Thu Huong, Nguyen Van Minh (2016). Movement of BBAP from cytoplasm to nucleus decreases the metastatic ability of vemurafenib-resistant cells.Molecular Medicine Reports15(1):317-322.
- Ha Duc Chu, Quynh Ngoc Le, Huy Quang Nguyen, Dung Le (2016).Genome-wide analysis of genes encoding methionine-rich proteins in Arabidopsis and soybean suggesting their roles in the adaptation of plants to abiotic stress. International Journal of Genomics, Article ID 5427062.
- Nguyen Dinh Thang, Ichiro Yajima, Masashi Kato, et al. (2015) Deltex-3-like (DTX3L) stimulates metastasis of melanoma through FAK/PI3K/AKT but not MEK/ERK pathway. Oncotarget 6(16):14290-14299.
- Long Dinh Doan, Nhung Hong Thi Pham, Nhung My Hoang, Cuong Trinh Tat, Van Hong Thi Nguyen, et al. (2015). Interaction of Vietnamese Medical Plant Extracts with Recombinantly expressed human neurokinon-1 receptor. Planta Medica Letters 2(01): e42-e47.